Want to get more out of the PBX you already own? Add PhoneOne SIP trunking and start taking advantage of the business continuity and cost savings VoIP.
PhoneOne offers advanced conferencing features for maximum employee productivity and enhanced customer service. Voice, Video and Web conferencing with reporting, statistics and more.
Need a professional voice for your business? Check out the PhoneOne Voice Store for your voice talent today!
You’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.
Voice over IP is short for Voice over Internet Protocol, and is better known as VoIP.
Voice over IP refers to the transmission of voice traffic over internet-based networks instead of the traditional PSTN (Public Switched Telephone Network) telephone networks. The Internet Protocol (IP) was originally designed for data networking and following its success, the protocol has been adapted to voice networking by packetizing the information and transmitting it as IP data packets. VoIP is now available on many smartphones, personal computers and on internet access devices such as tablets.
A Hosted PBX is a private branch exchange (PBX) delivered as a hosted service. It’s also known as a Virtual PBX and the advantages companies that use it experience are the elimination of installation, operation and maintenance costs of their VoIP PBX as their VoIP service provider hosts their PBX for them.
A Hosted PBX still allows companies to utilise and take complete advantage of their phone system’s feature set such as voicemail, faxing, automated greetings, conferences and so on.
Companies that offer Hosted PBX’s as a service to their customers handle the call routing or switching as well as all maintenance involved in the hosted PBX service.
There are three ways that a hosted PBX works; either over the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) over the Internet (hosted IP PBX via Internet Telephony or Voice Over IP, VoIP) or with a combination of the two.
Key benefits of a Hosted PBX Solution
- Initial and Ongoing cost savings – there’s no need for a large investment before installing your phone system and also the maintenance cost of your phone system is much lower as you don’t need to hire someone inhouse to operate and maintain your PBX.
- Eliminate office boundaries – employees can work from anywhere with a virtual office phone system. Ideal for home-workers and salespeople who are constantly on the move.
- Boost of corporate image – by using a hosted phone system small businesses can still give the impression of being a large organization with a professional phone system.
- Scalability – with a virtual phone system businesses can add or remove lines and extensions as they grow
- Easy to use – since there’s no end-user management involved with a virtual PBX, it’s easier to use than a traditional phone system.
Clean & Clear Voice!
Unified Communications Made Easy
Presence, Fax & Voice Mail to email, web conferencing and instant messaging are child’s play for PhoneOne.
With the integrated softphone and smartphone clients, users automatically get access to advanced unified communications features – without needing to learn separate software.